Solvent extraction: Rotating extractor vs Belt extractor, differences and advantages
CMB continues to shine on the market compared to its competitors, and to stand out in the Industrial sectors of Oils&Fats, Oleochemicals and Biodiesel, for one particular human quality, as well as for competence, experience, R&D department studies, flexibility of the structure, reliability, local presence all over the World and cutting-edge technology tailor-made for our Customers even within our in-house Workshop…for one of our traditional core values: the Customer Care.
Here at CMB, it is not enough to be just another supplier of engineering and technology, because we build a relationship of deep trust with our Clients, whom we consider business Partners and to whom we continue to give support over time. The goals of success must always be aligned, and the passion for our job makes the difference.
With reference to one the various technologies for vegetable oil plants, offered by CMB, the Oil Extraction represents one of our top level processes, developed over more than 60 years of experience.
The process of solvent extraction includes traditionally seed extraction, meal desolventizer and toasting, and solvent evaporation and scrubbing.
CMB always provides its best support to Clients in the different phases of their business, walking together towards the success of the project, also through the meticulous study of details and the use of major or minor touches that implement the efficiency of the plant.
It is really important, at the very beginning of a study for a solvent extraction plant, to select the most appropriate type of extractor.
The first choice is based on the seed to be processed:
- to process one or more seed types with fairly stable characteristics through time (such as moisture), then a single-stage belt extractor may be appropriate. This first option is the most economical from the CAPEX point of view and remains very efficient in terms of performance.
- To maintain flexibility in the choice of seeds type to be treated, with characteristics that may vary over time, then the two-stage extractor is the most appropriate.
For this second option, CMB even offer 2 different technologies:
- the ROTATING double-deck extractor;
- the double-stage BELT extractor.
The choice between these two types is determined purely by layout issues and, at this stage, CMB assists its Clients by guiding them towards the most suitable decision, with respect to business and plant requirements.
Over the years, the CMB’s R&D Team has developed different types of extractors to meet different needs and guarantee Clients with always the best choice in terms of CAPEX and OPEX, in the full interest of the project.
Find out more: https://cmb.it/technology/oil-extraction
- Tags:Tags: cmb spa, oil&fats, oils and fats, oleochemical, solvent extraction
- 0 comment